Monday, January 21, 2008

Crustless Quiche

This is a recipe I adapted from The Low-Carb Cookbook by Fran McCullough. Most of the recipes are not things my husband would enjoy so I don't use very many of them, but this is something I make for myself cause it's a great quick breakfast when prepared in advance.

Ingredients:
oil or butter for a large pie pan
12 eggs
1 lb chopped cooked spinach, thawed
1 cup chopped sauted veggies such as mushroom, onion, bell pepper
salt and pepper

1. preheat the oven to 350 and oil or butter the pie pan

2. beat the eggs in a large bowl and add salt and pepper.

3. stir in the chopped spinach and veggies, and pour the mixture into the pie pan

4. bake at 350 for 50-60 min, until the top is golden brown and no longer runny in the center.

5. cut into 6 portions.

No comments: